I really love to do Q&A sessions and answer your questions about airlines, KPIs, and technology. Over the last weeks, I’ve received many new questions from blog post readers or podcast listeners. That’s why I decided to run another Q&A session. (In case this is your first visit, you can also tune in to the previous Q&A sessions: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3)
And it’s definitely overwhelming to see that people from all over the world are reading the blog or listening to the podcast. This Q&A session, for example, features questions from Canada, Indonesia, Russia, Romania, India, and Tunisia.
Overview: 7 Questions about airlines, KPI and technology
Due to Corona, I had to run the Q&A session again on my own. So here’s an overview of the questions I’m answering with this podcast:
- Are airlines from different world regions using different KPIs?
- Which KPIs to start with when setting up a real-time dashboard
- Is it possible to calculate real-time KPIs without a data warehouse?
- What is more complex when it comes to a KPI solution: Doing the design and setting up the UI or developing the backend?
- Is there a favorite Ops Control system when it comes to integrating data into a KPI solution?
- Is it inevitable to have a mobile solution for KPIs?
- Why Tableau isn’t the right choice for real-time KPI calculation?
- Do you observe a difference between world regions when it comes to mobile usage of KPIs?
And if you prefer listening on Spotify or Apple Podcasts simply search for the “ID1 Audio Experience”.